The Industrial Hygiene (IH) program is committed to an outstanding educational experience that motivates students toward academic excellence and provides students with a comprehensive professionally oriented curriculum that imparts the knowledge, skills and preparation to:
- Understand the essential scientific and practical elements of the anticipation, recognition, evaluation, management, control, and communication of health hazards in the workplace.
- Apply and communicate knowledge of hazards to promote healthy working conditions.
- Think critically in defining and solving problems.
- Work effectively in teams with other health professionals.
- Embrace the professional and ethical responsiblities inherent to the practice of industrial hygiene.
Additional skills can be obtained in the Hazardous Substance Academic Training Program (HSAT), which provides specialized training in the management of hazardous substances for professionals in Industrial Hygiene (IH) and Environmental Health (EH). The program provides training in this multidisciplinary field, drawing on specialized coursework and experience in public health, environmental science, and engineering
||Environmental Health Sciences
|Scholarships and Awards:
||A number of scholarships are available. See the University website for details.
|Master of Public Health (MPH) in Industrial Hygiene
|Master of Science (MS) in Industrial Hygiene
|Doctorate (PhD) in Industrial Hygiene