Approval of training providers
Only training providers who have been approved by OHTA are allowed to offer courses leading to the international qualifications
Requirements for approval
Organisations seeking approval must demonstrate that they can meet a number of criteria. In summary
- Each course must have a director with overall accountability for the training quality and delivery
- The course director must be a professional occupational hygienist holding a qualification recognised by IOHA under the National Association Recognition scheme
- The organisation must have the capability to deliver the training in the chosen countries and languages
- The organisation must have appropriate experience in occupational hygiene training
- The organisation must have access to the equipment and facilities to run the courses and the practical sessions
- The training provider must agree to the Terms for Approved Training Providers
Interested organizations can download an application form by clicking here (pdf) or here (Word document). Full criteria and further information on how to apply may be obtained from [email protected] and may be varied from time to time.
Roz Phillips, OHTA Development Manager, administers the process to approve training providers who meet the criteria. Roz also investigates any complaints or issues.
Where a course provider wishes to run courses in several countries, any IOHA national associations impacted will be consulted prior to approval being granted for those countries.
Benefits of being approved
When running the international modules from OHlearning.com, Approved Training Providers are entitled to use the OHlearning Approved Training Provider logo on materials relating to those modules. This logo incorporates the "Supported by IOHA" message and logo.
In addition, Approved Training Providers
- Have access to all the training materials produced by OHTA
- Can post information about themselves on OHLearning.com, including a link to their website
- Can promote their training events, including non-qualification courses, on OHLearning.com
- Have access to statistics and information about people wanting training from OHLearning.com
Check you meet the criteria and understand how you benefit
- Uphold standards of training
- Deliver courses internationally
- Use the OHlearning Approved Training Provider logo
- Benefit from being part of the global OH community